For those of us with oily skin, we know how frustrating it can be when we start off the day with having our oil under control, freshly cleansed face, beautifully applied makeup (if you wear makeup), and just feeling good. Then as the day goes on, our skin just become more and more oily. We start to look greasy and nothing can stop it! Well don’t freak out. There are products that can be used to help minimize getting oily during the day and keep it under control. Check out these products and tips and see what works best for you:
1. Use an oil-free moisturizer after cleansing your face morning and night. You may be getting oily if you are using an oil-based moisturizer. This can leave you feeling greasy pretty quickly and add oils to your face that are unneeded! Make sure it says oil-free somewhere on the bottle. If you don’t use a moisturizer, you are just asking for your face to get oily. This is because your skin needs hydration and if you don’t moisturize at all, your skin will pull bad oils to the surface of your skin, causing you to be more oily and make you breakout! Don’t let that happen!
2. Try a non-alcohol based toner on your skin after you cleanse, before you moisturize. It can help balance your pH levels in your skin to combat oils and make your skin look and feel fresher.
3. If you wear makeup, only wear oil-free cosmetics. Any foundation, concealer, or blush with oil will make you oily during the day, clog your pores, and can cause severe breakouts. Check the labels before buying. If you are unsure still, email the company and they should be able to provide you with that information. Be in control of your skin and what you put on it.
4. Try using a foundation primer before putting on your makeup. Again, make sure it’s oil-free. A face primer works as an invisible barrier between your skin and your makeup, protecting your pores from getting clogged and filled with debris. It will help your makeup last longer as well and you won’t have to touch-up as much. It also fills in any fine lines or wrinkles.
5. Carry oil-blotting papers specifically made to combat oils on your skin with you during the day. These papers gently blot away oil, leaving you looking fresh and not like a grease pit. There are also some great oil-blotting powders on the market from cosmetics’ lines that you can try as well. Make sure whichever you use is oil-free.
6. Don’t touch your face during the day. If you do, you are adding oils from your fingertips to your skin. In addition, you are setting yourself up for more breakouts due to the bacteria on your hands.
7. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and keep your body cool from the inside out.
8. Get plenty of rest not just for your mind and body, but for your skin as well. Your skin restores itself while you are sleeping so make sure you give yourself at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
*Culled from Acne Skin Site.